Raith will be affected by power outage tomorrow morning ....

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 10 10:22:51 PDT 2008

James and Raith Community:

While I had hoped that it was only going to be the Hitachi E-beam that
was going to be afffected by the power outage (because that's the way
the panel was labeled), a little more looking shows that the Raith will
also be affected by the scheduled power outage tomorrow.  The main
switch to the Raith (the box on your left at thigh level as you enter
the room) is powered from Panel RRUPS-3 .... which is one of the panels
that will be out tomorrow.

So, you should make plans for a graceful shutdown prior to 8 a.m.
tomorrow morning.  (Note: I've checked in the tunnel and the chiller for
the turbo won't actually go off because it is powered from a separate panel.

At this point, I have been unable to find the main disconnect for the
SEM4160 to see if it is also powered by this panel and it is in use at
the moment so I can't do too much poking around.

I'm sorry to have to let you know that the Raith will also be affected
but am confident that being able to do an orderly power down is better
than simply cutting power ....

Let me know if you have any questions,

John