ANNOUNCEMENT: Raith Group XXXV - Intensive Four Day Short Course for Basic Users Tuesday to Friday January 20 to 23rd, 2009 10 AM to 6 PM

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 15 16:39:25 PST 2009

*Greetings RAITH Group XXXV:
**
If you are listed in the To: section of this email you are confirmed to
be in RAITH Group** XXXV -- the next RAITH** Four Day Basic User Short
Course.
If you are listed in the CC: section of this email, I am** still ** in
need of further information or a commitment from you and I hope to add
you in the next class if you cannot attend these sessions. Any RAITH
users wishing to attend are welcome if you desire a review of operations
on the RAITH 150 system.
**
We wish to invite all interested parties to the Tuesday morning lecture
session from 10:00 AM  - 12:30 PM,  and the following Demo Layer One
training from 2 PM - 6 PM in the afternoon.  All are also welcome to
attend as observers the other 'Hands-On' sessions through the week.
*
*If you are listed in the To: section of this email:
*This is your first reminder and confirmation of your commitment for
attending the RAITH Group XXXV Training course to January 20 to 23rd, 2009.
You must have completed the prerequisite ALL LITHO and SEM training in
order to attend as a participant. Otherwise you may attend as an Observer.
_*You are expected to attend all sessions in order to gain the
experience and skills you will need to qualify on the RAITH 150 system.*

_Users are also encouraged to attend the *"Take a Spin with Me"*
<http://snf.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?430:mss:73:200801:bleokmmlinkjilfgnknc>
class covering Ebeam Resist handling procedures. I am next holding this
class on Tuesday January 27th, 2009 from 10:15 - 12:30 PM.

Thank you for your interest in Electron Beam Technologies at the
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
650-725-7075
---------------------------------

* **RAITH Group** XXXV **Schedule: **
*

*Raith 150 Basic Users Training -- Intensive 4 Day Short Course*

*January 20 to 23rd, 2009 from 10 - 6 PM Tuesday through Friday.*

*The Plan of Action:
*We will start out with a half day of lecture in the morning Tuesday;
quickly moving into entirely 'hands on' operations training through the
remainder of the week.
We will break for lunch at various times, while the system is writing,
so plan to be flexible with your other outside commitments.  You should
have started working on your GDS II patterns and preparing PMMA on your
substrates if you wish to write on your material. Please bring your
patterns and materials to the 'Hands-On' sessions. Some afternoons we
may also be able to finish earlier,  letting the system write on its own
to the end of our reservations on the system.*
*

* Schedule:*
Tuesday January 20, 2009:
10:00 - 12:30   Session 1:  Basic Users Course Lecture  -- CIS - 201
14:00 - 18:00  Session 2:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer One --
EBEAM LAB CIS L104

Wednesday January 21, 2009:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 3:  RAITH System Demonstration - Layer Two:
OVERLAY Layer 1 to Layer 2 registration -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 4:  Hands On training session One -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Thursday January 22, 2009:
10:00 - 12:30 Session 5: Hands On training session Two -- EBEAM LAB CIS L104
14:00 - 18:00 Session 6: Hands On training session Three -- EBEAM LAB
CIS L104

Friday January 23, 2009
10:00 - 12:30 Session 7: Hands On training session Four -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104
14:00 - 16:00 Session 8: Hands On training session Five -- EBEAM LAB CIS
L104

Individual Qualification Sessions will be held after this class where
you can demonstrate your skill on the system to me and gain your login
to the system.

I CAN PROVIDE A CD AND PRINTED MATERIALS AT THE FIRST MEETING, IF YOU
HAVE NOT ALREADY RECEIVED ONE YET.
You can also stop by my office and pick up a copy of these training
materials during my daily office hour. (8:30 - 9:30 AM Tuesdays to
Friday at CIS 31) Bring along your USB drive!

Tentative Class listing pending completion of all prerequisites:

RAITH Group XXXV Participants:

1. Ching-yang Yu leoyu at stanford.edu <mailto:leoyu at stanford.edu> coral:
leoyu Phone: 650-644-9486
Yamamoto Group Project: Waveguide coupling into disk resonators on
III/V. dimensions from 20nm to mms.

2. Larkhoon Leem tryon16 at stanford.edu <mailto:tryon16 at stanford.edu>
coral: ________ Phone: 650-776-3273
Harris Group Project:  Magnetic Coupled Spin Torque Devices.

3. Thorsten Hesjedal thesjeda at ecemail.uwaterloo.ca
<mailto:thesjeda at ecemail.uwaterloo.ca> Coral: _____ Phone: ________
Harris Group Project:  Magnetic Coupled Spin Torque Devices with
Larkhoon Leem

4. David Bernstein dpb167 at stanford.edu <mailto:dpb167 at stanford.edu>
Coral: dpb167 Phone: 650-862-7998 cell
Stohr Group Project: magnetic dynamic of nano-ellipses.

5. Bjoern Braeuer bbj at stanford.edu <mailto:bbj at stanford.edu> Coral: bbj
Phone: 650-303-4519 cell
Stohr Group Project: magnetic dynamic of nano-ellipses.

6.  Edward Barnard barnarde at stanford.edu <mailto:barnarde at stanford.edu>
Coral barnarde Phone: 650-796-9301
Brongersma Project: Plasmonic resonator antennas on Qz.

Raith Group XXXV Observers:

7. Timothy Phung timphung at stanford.edu <mailto:timphung at stanford.edu>
Coral:  _______ Phone: 408-417-0938
Harris Group Project: Magnetic Coupled Spin Torque Devices

8. John Mannion      john_mannion at agilent.com
<mailto:john_mannion at agilent.com> Coral:       Phone: 609-658-5811
Agilent Labs Project:  nano-channel for DNA sensing on Qz.

9. Xinyu Bao xinyubao at stanford.edu <mailto:xinyubao at stanford.edu> Coral:
xinyubao Phone: 858-531-2541
H.S. Phillip Wong Project:  III/V nanowire Growth for solar cell

10. Carter Lin carterl at stanford.edu <mailto:carterl at stanford.edu> Coral:
carterlin Phone: 617-259-7988
Vuckovic Group Project: GaAs Photonic crystal cavity research.

James W. Conway

Stanford Nanofabrication Facility

Stanford University

650-725-7075 -- 415-412-4825