PMMA 2% 950k and 5% 495k missing BRING THEM BACK! + ANOTHER NOTE ON ESPACER.

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 30 15:22:13 PDT 2010

  All Ebeam Lab Users:

A number of Ebeam Resist have disappeared in the lab this week.  I
closely monitor usage of these materials and its all inventoried as it
comes into the stockroom, when stocked and disposed of, as it moved in
and out of the clean room.  These bottles of expensive engineering
materials have not reappeared and are now presumed stolen.  Today I
searched the entire lab and located many missing items from the past,
but sadly not the PMMAs.

Missing is a near full bottle 250 ml bottle of 5% 495K PMMA in Anisole
from Microchem.
Missing is a 200 ml volume of 2% 950K PMMA in Anisole from Microchem.
Missing is a 120 ml of 1% dilution of 2% 950K PMMA in Anisole from
Microchem labeled with James Conway - LLNL June 2009
Missing is 500 ml bottle of a custom formulation of MMA: MAA monomer in
a brown glass jar labeled COPOLYMER MMA: MAA 0.2% by microresist.de.
Also missing and very strange to discover the expired bottle of 9% 950K
MW PMMA in Anisole from Microchem

If a User removed these materials from the SNF clean room, please return
them immediately.  If a bottle was finished, but the bottle not disposed
of in the normal hazardous waste pass through,  please send me an email.

Users are reminded that no SNF or personal engineering materials are to
be removed from the lab.  If you need to take a sample of a material for
evaluation, or wish to transport any amount of chemicals or engineering
materials outside the clean room you must have approval.

This has caused a disruption to the schedule the last two days as many
users were not able to coat their samples with suitable resist
overnight.   Please keep your eyes open for these materials and assist
in getting them back.

ANOTHER NOTE REGARDING ESPACER 300Z -- USERS OF ESPACER ARE FIRMLY
REMINDED TO REPLACE THE MATERIAL BACK INTO THE REFRIGERATOR UPON
DISPENSING ON YOUR WAFERS.  THIS MATERIAL MUST REMAIN COLD BELOW 5
DEGREES C. IN ORDER TO REMAIN VIABLE. TWICE THIS WEEK I HAVE FOUND THE
BOTTLE LEFT ON THE HEADWAY OR IN THE CHEMICAL CARTS.  THIS IS TOTALLY
UNACCEPTABLE.

Thank you for your support!   Have a nice weekend...

James Conway