Reservations and cancellations....

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 29 11:49:51 PDT 2010

Good Afternoon Raith Community:

In light of the swarm of reservations made and then canceled with short
notice in recent weeks it may be necessary to adjust or change our
reservation system policies.  This is intended to allow our ever growing
user base on this tool to be able to respond better to reservation
cancellations and allow everyone easier access to the system and result
in less 'loss of opportunity' for everyone.

I think it is prudent to hold a Ebeam Town Hall Meeting in mid November
and as a Community we can discuss these issues and agree to change the
reservation system or not.

The floor is open for your proposals to modify or adjust our reservation
policies on the raith system on this news list.

Your comments are invited.