question

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 13 14:16:51 PDT 2010

  Hello Xinran and Raith Community:

We do not have the Fixed Beam Moving Stage (FBMS) option installed on
our system as it is running  the older version 4 Software for the RAITH
150.  I also do not have laser height detection module option that may
also be needed for this capability.

FBMS has been added to a number of RAITH 150 systems and is standard
option on the version 5 and higher software and more recent RAITH 150
Two and E-Line hardware configurations.  The way this module works is
the Stage is scanned and is moving during the exposure operation.  The
electron beam is unblanked and scanned in circular beam paths similar to
when writing RAITH circles.   While the stage moves  larger areas are
rapidly exposed to the dose specified per unit area.

This is very useful for writing waveguides and larger patterns such as
in photonic crystals and plasmonic waveguide devices.  Its a useful
option to have but only for some specific area write applications.

Great Question, soon to be a FAQ...

James Conway