RAITH STATUS 18:16 HOURS THURSDAY MARCH 17, 2011 -- SYSTEM IS COMING UP FOR USERS THIS EVENING -- JUST STARTED PUMPING.

James Conway toecutter4ranger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:30:00 PDT 2011

HELLO RAITH COMMUNITY:

Today working with Lev Markov from RAITH Field Service we replaced the Y
motor to the Laser Interferometer Stage.

Currently we are pumping down the system after having tested the motor --
but are not completely sure we have a complete solution to address the
problem(s) of the motor using too much current during operations.  We have
made changes to the drive control settings in the RAITH.VBD to slow down the
motor so it draws less current. It should not cause further Y axis errors in
the software as observed recently by some Users during load / unload
operations.  (Y motor unable to reach exchange position...)

I expect the system will be ready to start your loads and writes in about
three hours or less.

Please call me at 4125-412-4825 if you run into any problems during your
sessions overnight.

Please be prepared next week, possibly Wednesday afternoon, but more likely
Thursday for us to come back and again replace the motor and the Y - axis
mechanical drive spindle and bearings supports as we desire to completely
address these problems to avoid further interruptions to Users or downtime
on the tool.

Thank you for you for your support!

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group