Scanning and dot shot macro problems last night were sourced to a missing dongle that needs to be in place in the rear USB port of the SMARTSEM computer...

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 7 10:09:19 PST 2012

Hello Zongfu and Raith 150 Users:

Users working overnight may have noticed issues with SmartSem scanning
and dot shot macros not functioning or resulting in error messages last
night. This problem was sourced to a missing dongle that needs to be in
place in the rear USB port of the SMARTSEM computer...

Late yesterday evening as I was leaving the lab and removing my USB
drive from the machine I found this dongle and did not recognize it, I
thought it was a forgotten dongle left by a previous user.  I have
removed this dongle and placed it above the picoammeter as is the normal
habit for all dongles 'found' in the Ebeam Lab.

Sorry about that and any interruptions you encountered last evening.

All the Best,