Raith Status for Tuesday July 24th 2012 -- Hope to have system up for Users access starting 18:00 hours this evening.

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 24 09:57:41 PDT 2012

Good Morning Raith Community:

We completed the bake out of the FE-Gun and have a good vacuum for Gun
start up.  At 9:30 we started  the ramp up the gun to normal extraction
voltage and filament current levels for normal operation.
It is expected that the FE-Gun emission level will slowly increase
throughout the day and reach stability late this afternoon.
We will strive to qualify the system for operations after checking all
the usual Electron Optics card and Gun control adjustments late this
afternoon.  Hope to have Users back on the system starting about 18:00
hours this evening if all goes well in our testing. We will update this
list late this afternoon by 18:00 hours.

Thank you for your support!

James Conway - Stanford
Clifton Porter -- RAITH USA Field Service