June 7 is the tenth Anniversary of 'First Light' on the RAITH 150 Ebeam Lithography and Metrology System at Stanford Nanofabrication Facility

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 7 09:05:20 PDT 2012

Greetings Raith Community:

Today is the Tenth Anniversary of 'First Light' on the Stanford Raith
150 system.

In the course of the last ten years the Raith 150 tool and I have made
significant contributions to basic research in Nano-Antennas, Photonic
Crystals and Integrated Photonic Platforms, and more recently in
Plasmonic devices in addition to all the normal device fabrications for
MEMS, NEMS, and microelectronics.

To date over 350 Users have been trained with nearly 200 currently
working on the tool.  More than 50 peer reviewed Journal articles in
Photonics and Plasmonics have resulted from this effort and I have been
credited with significant contributions in more than 35 PhD thesis and
defenses in the last  five years.

In looking back at many successes here at Stanford, I believe my biggest
contribution here at Stanford has been in the creation and support of a
large community of researchers working in rabid collaboration on the
RAITH 150 system.

I look forward to further engagement with lab members in the next decade
of research here at Stanford and hope to add Ion Beam Lithography
capability to the Ebeam Lab this decade.

Ebeam Technology Group
Stanford nanofabrication Facility