slippery floor by drytek4

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Sun Nov 23 18:46:52 PST 2008

Tom:

Thanks for sending this ...

I've taken a look in there and agree that it is slippery .... although I
really can't see anything that explains why is it slippery.
Nonetheless, I've raided the janitorial closest and use some of their
general purpose cleaner to try to improve things and have made several
passes in an effort to remove the slipperiness .... of course, floors
aren't my long suit.

I think that it is noticeably better although I still detect a slight
bit of slipperiness in front of the machine that is to the left of drytek4.

I'd appreciate it if someone would check out that area .... I've done
enough of the shuffle test in that area that I no longer trust my
results and would appreciate if someone could provide independent
confirmation of whether it is still slippery and if so in exactly which
areas ...

I did ask Mary Callarudo to test this for me and she reported that she
no longer detects slipperiness ... and based on that I decided that I
didn't need to barricade the area or send out a general alarm.

I still don't know what it is .... but most of the lubricants and oils
that are used in a cleanroom tend to be silicone based which, in
general, are tricky to remove.

Thanks again for reporting this ...

John