ALD updates (savannah, fiji-l, and fiji-r) and ALD Spring Retreat

J Provine jprovine at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 25 13:12:00 PDT 2011

hi everyone,
the fiji permit issue is closer to being resolved, but is not quite there
yet.  the lone outstanding issue is a disagreement between the fire
marshall's office and the snf/stanford fire department about the need for
smoke detection in the facility.  the issue boils down to building occupancy
codes and john shott (director of snf) and aaron mccarthy (stanford fire
department) are drafting a letter to explain that the code related to the
snf's building occupancy does not need the smoke detectors.  i met with john
earlier today and this letter will be sent as early as this afternoon.  with
this as the last remaining hurdle, i remain cautiously optimistic we will
have a quick resolution to the situation and can begin to bring the tool
online with cambridge nanotech's help at last.

the fiji has currently been installed in the snf for 1 year and 16 days, so
i and the snf staff remain keenly aware of how long everyone has been
waiting and ask for your patience as this last issue is cleared.

please let me know if you have any questions.