ALD updates (savannah, fiji-l, and fiji-r) and ALD Spring Retreat

J Provine jprovine at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 17 18:26:16 PST 2011

hi all,
back again with a fast update on the fiji permitting status*.

the county has declined to rule on the permit application submitted in
december 2010.  this not that they are saying "no" or "yes" just that they
are not responding.  the fire marshall's office would like to have a
standardized template for permit applications submitted.  in the long run
this will be great for snf because it will make clear the necessary elements
of a good application and hopefully the equipment permitting process.  in
the short term it means that this template must be generated and submitted
to the fire marshall's office.  john shott made a first cut today and
various stanford fire and eh&s folks and roger and i will be tackling this
to see what can be added.  the effort is on to turn this around quickly (as
soon as the beginning of next week), so that the clock can start to tick on
the fire marshall's office again.

while i'm sure this news latest is frustrating, we must do our best to meet
this new challenge as quickly and thoroughly as possible so that researchers
can get access to the fiji.  i'll keep you updated as things progress.

*whether you believe it or not, i update you with all real news as it comes
in (sparing everyone innuendo, rumor, and hearsay).  how infrequently and
sparingly you hear an update on fiji permitting from me is exactly how
infrequently i hear from any source.