fiji status update

J Provine jprovine at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 21 06:30:01 PDT 2011

looking good.

the acceptance test was completed successfully.  hafnia (thermal and plasma)
and alumina (thermal and plasma) were both demonstrated with ~<1% thickness
non-uniformity achieved on 100mm wafers.  additionally a TiN plasma film was
deposited of 10nm thickness.  it was conductive under simple two probe test
and compositional analysis and further electrical testing will be undertaken
for all of these films.  over the next couple of days i'll be checking
deposition rates for hafnia and alumina and finalize the documentation so
that folks can begin getting access. characterization of the films and
optimization of the processes are still required, but i know some
applications are pretty forgiving about the film specifics so folks can get
started or (better yet) chip in on characterization work.