Problem sem4160 SNF 2008-08-02 20:53:04: small allen key is missing

Mario Kupnik kupnik at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 4 11:57:28 PDT 2008

Dear John and James,

I just checked at the SEM. The 0.9 mm allen key from one of your sets
you left at the SEM fits.

I put this one from you allen key set in the tweezer box and I left
the the other sets at the SEM.

We already used it for one SEM session this morning and will again
later in the evening today.

Thanks again for providing one so fast, John !

Mario

On Aug 4, 2008, at 11:07, James Conway wrote:

> Just getting back to SNF after the weekend...
>
> The fallen key set for the sample mounts are in the tweezer box on
> top of the load lock.  There are several very small 0.5 and 2 mm and
> then a larger 4 mm allen wrench.  I will check on them when I get
> into the cleanroom.
>
> James
>
> John Shott wrote:
>>
>> Mario:
>>
>> I'm equally dismayed when things like that disappear ...
>>
>> While I don't know enough about the 4160 to know where this is used
>> or to know which is the proper size, I've left 3 sets of allen
>> wrenches that, I think should allow you to proceed:
>> 1. I've left my metric set that goes down to 1.5 mm (in the red
>> holder)
>> 2. I've left a metric set in the blue case that has even smaller
>> metric sizes (0.7, 0.9, and 1.3 mm)
>> 3. Finally, although I doubt that the Hitachi uses english sizes,
>> I've also left a set of english allen wrenches that goes down to
>> 1/16" and 0.050".  That's the set in the yellow holder.
>>
>> Note: none of these are guaranteed to be particularly clean so you
>> probably want to wipe the proper one with a lab wipe and some
>> isopropyl before using it on anything that will be inside the
>> vacuum chamber.
>>
>> Hopefully, one of these will get you back on the air ... and, if
>> you tell me which one is the correct size, I'll get several to be
>> placed in the tweezer box.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John

Mario Kupnik, Ph.D.