Comment sem4160 SNF 2008-10-31 13:49:25: SEM stage wafer holder found scraped and scratched and numbered ;-(

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 31 13:49:26 PDT 2008

I am disappointed to discover that the SEM stage wafer holder was very damaged by an uneducated User.  This person took it upon himself to use a razor blade to scrape carbon dots off the holders surface severely scratching the surface of this fixture.  The was a precision machined flat with a very smooth surface, that was coplanar polished to the base of the fixture in order to maintain precise focus for users working on wafers.
I cleaned the chuck of metal scrapings, filings, and carbon dot residues and inspected its surface.  I then discovered that they had scribed numbers into the sample surface in the hole positions further damaging the surface planarity and flatness.
If you are this User please meet with me during my office hour.
James Conway