Shutdown sem4160 SNF 2009-06-15 16:17:32: movable aperture stripped damaged

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 15 16:17:32 PDT 2009

Users discovered that the movable aperture strip had been jammed up tight to the Y transit axis stop.  Aperture is eiter damaged or the strip fell out of its holder.  While we have a beam and a rough coarse focused image, we cannot select apertures nor see a reduced current level as we switch between apertures plate holes.
Also in the Beam monitor aperture the No 4 hold appears to be blocked.
Might be time to PM the tool replacing the aperture strips in the column.
JWC