Comment sem4160 SNF 2011-08-20 00:13:02: SEC Pumpdown problem

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 20 12:57:13 PDT 2011

Andrew Graham resolved this problem.  He found carbon dots attached to the O-ring.
Here is his message:
Hi Donguk,
I found the paper backside of one of the carbon sticky dots stuck to the O-ring on the part underneath the stage.  Once I removed it, it pumped down just fine.
This should be a good reminder to all users as to why it's important to clean up any mess you might make (I found about 6 of those paper dots on top of the SEC).  It can and (based on Donguk's experience) does get in the way of other users ability to use equipment.
Happy SEM'ing everyone,
Andrew