Comment sem4160 SNF 2011-01-07 16:27:28: system brightness is not sufficient for resolution test

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 7 16:27:29 PST 2011

did a sys check today.  As reported by several users to me the FE-GUN Emission is normal but we don't see suitable beam current in normal ranges for each aperture selection.  imaging appears very noisy and details other than kn topgraphic contrast is poor.  Adjustments to stigmation controls have less of an effect than before the shutdown.
recommend we consider getting a quote from Hitachi Field service to replace all the usual parts; anode aperture and aperture plate parts and install a new FE-GUN filament. I.E. a full column PM
Several other sub-sections are also in need to evaluation or adjustment.
Isolation pads are flat and need to be filled with N2 also...
we can discuss this next week.
JWC