Shutdown sem4160 SNF 2011-07-07 17:00:29: Rotation will not zero to exchange position on unload

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 7 17:00:30 PDT 2011

Shut down the system as during the unload I could not rotate R back to the exchange position to pick up the screw threaded insert to pull isample holder out.
I lost a 100 mm sample holder with resolution std. during high tilt operation and it fell down into one of the 25 mm holes.  The touch during this event may have knocked the rotation position off its indexed position.
The stage controller does read that it arrived at the exchange position and the Stage is in LCK (locked mode)
Will wait tilll tomorrow to work with Ted on this issue.
System is unavailable this evening to ALL USERS until resolved
sorry....
JWC