[sem4160-pcs] Problem sem4160 SNF 2013-01-17 15:33:40: User had problems I came in and tried to troubleshoot

jwc at snf.stanford.edu jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jan 17 15:33:41 PST 2013

Initially user did not have the T rod in outter pos. to enable the door to close. Pulled out rod and closed door.
resolved a E1 error by rotating the X stepper motor assembly and it rehomed the XY axis to the stage.
Upon attempting to load the pallet we hit a hard stop we believe is on the inner guide rails or stage.  checked and translated X - Y and returned to EXC pos.   then ran Z to 5 mm and returned to 30 mm using EXC position command (command 01 on stage controller.
Inpected pallet and it seems OK but noticed a metal edge or bar face visible in IR camera that I had not seen before.
Reset the display power and allowed the XY motion to find there home with the same issues as reported above.
It seems that it does not know exactly where Z is actually.
translated Z down and then back to 30 to rehome it and no improvement.
SYSTEM SHUT DOWN TILL TED CAN TAKE A LOOK AT IT TOMORROW.
JWC