Camera Screen!

charley charley at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 19 09:45:11 PDT 2003

    4160 people,
    We got the use of the PCTV image grabber gizmo free because the
WebSEM folks needed an SEM on which to install it. Part of the deal
was that others, on the web, would be able to see what's going on. We
need to fulfill our half of the bargain by making sure the camera view
in
the chamber is left on, unless, of course, you're using the machine.
Let's
look at the PC and restore PCTV and the picture before leaving the
room. The Raithers will use the PC for the Raith software, which is
where we got the PC, so that's cool, too.
    So try to remember to put the camera view on, turn the camera
illuminator down to about half-brightness to conserve the IR LEDs
that are the light source. I do this when I am in the room, checking to
see that the 4160 is left at high mag, slow scan and you've cleaned up
your mess, so I'll be helping here.
    Thanks,
    chw3