Hummer down!

charley charley at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 1 09:18:26 PDT 2003

    SEM folks,
    The Hummer 'gold coater' has been trying to die on us for awhile and
has
finally succeeded. The pump will get its oil changed, etc and will be
ready
to go soon, but there is no oil mist filter on it and this is not really
safe for
humans and is making a mess in the cabinet. I'm going to move the pump
out of the cabinet, get an oil mist filter, etc, so this may take a few
days. I
believe there is a coater in Materials Science, but I suspect it's in
need of
a new target and probably doesn't coat well. Look for updates. I know
for
some this is a crucial part of the process. I'll get it working as soon
as
possible.
    chw3