FYI: RAITH Pattern and SEM4160 computer is down and will not reboot.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 2 17:56:13 PDT 2005

Hello All:

This notice is to inform you that the RAITH off line pattern PC computer
that is also hooked to the SEM4160 for SEM image acquisition is down for
the count.
Seems that the system cannot locate the SCSI BIOS boot section during
startup.

This computer has been slowly degrading in performance over the course
of the last few months and recently we have observed a number of viral
attacks on this system.  The spy sweeper  and adaware SE personal
software has been running in the back ground and weekly I have been
quarantining tens of sites each week.

This may have been the result of a virus attack as it went down rather
suddenly this afternoon.  I will need some help to get this hurting unit
back up and on line for all users.

Thank you for your support!

Yours,