Native resolution of sem4160 image screen?

Aaron Hryciw ahryciw at
Wed Dec 12 12:26:40 PST 2007

Hello sem4160 users –

Does anyone know what the actual screen resolution of the sem4160 image
monitor is?  Selecting the "small" image size when taking a scan to save as
a .tiff yields a 636x480 pixel image, but this aspect ratio is wider than
that of the SEM's monitor.  I have been looking at polystyrene
microspheres:  when viewed on the SEM monitor, they appear perfectly round;
when scanned by the imaging software, they appear about 8% prolate in the x
direction.  This can be easily fixed by Photoshop, but I need the native
apect ratio of the SEM monitor.  Thanks!

 – Aaron

Aaron Hryciw
Postdoctoral Scholar
Geballe Laboratory for Advanced Materials
Stanford University
476 Lomita Mall (04-490)
McCullough Building, Rm. 325
Stanford, CA  94305-4045