Lab shutdown plan and schedule for the Ebeam Lab at SNF

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 12 10:06:42 PST 2008

*Good Morning Ebeam Lab Users:*

*The following is our holiday shut down plan for the Ebeam Lab:*

Ebeam Lab Pass Thru:  All samples must be removed from this box by days
end next Monday.  No sample storage over the holidays.  All your
Engineering Materials should be removed from the SNF cleanroom. This
pass thru will be cleaned and all remaining samples discarded on
Wednesday December 17, 2008.  Donations of GaAs and Fused Silica
(Quartz) substrates of any size happily accepted!

*   /Ebeam,/* the Hitachi HL-700F writer,  is off line to Users and will
continue to be in Red Light status going into the New Year.

  /*SEM4160: */This system will be available until the Lab closes to all
Users on the morning of Wednesday December 17, 2008.

  /*SEMHITACHI: */This system will be available until the Lab closes to
all Users on the morning of Wednesday December 17, 2008.

  /*RAITH150:  */This system will be available for Users currently
scheduled on the CORAL system until 7 AM  Wednesday December 17, 2008
when the SNF Cleanroom closes to Users. Upon arrival of RAITH Field
Service we will start the annual column rebuild and aperture and FE-Gun
replacement.
We will performing a number of preventative maintenance items through
the next days until the SNF lab closes to staff members. Please see me
if you have an critical exposure need, or were impacted by the recent
down time, there may be a few slots left the last 24 hours of operations.
 All Users are expected to 'Share the Ride' with other users needing
access to maximize system throughput until we shut down for the holidays.

*
The following is our Startup plan for January 2009:*

The SNF cleanroom opens for Users Tuesday January 6, 2009 at 7 AM.

  /*SEM4160: */This system will be available to users once the system is
brought up and released by Ted Berg likely in the afternoon of Tuesday
January 6, 2009.

  /*SEMHITACHI: */This system will be available to users once the system
is brought up and released by Ted Berg likely late in the morning of
Tuesday January 6, 2009.

*   /Ebeam:/* The Hitachi HL-700F writer,  will likely remain off line
to Users through the first weeks of the New Year.  We will need to
evaluate and perform further repairs to the system to return it to a
working state.

  /*RAITH150: */Raith Field Service will be bringing up the system and
running in the FE-Gun over January 5th and 6th.  They will also complete
E/O card and aperture and stigmation amplifier alignments late Tuesday
afternoon.  If everything goes to plan, _Raith Champions only_ will be
able to access the system Tuesday evening starting at 18:00 hours
through 10 AM Wednesday January 7, 2009. At that time I will start the
qualification process for the Raith 150 system performance.  All other
Users scheduled on Coral will begin work at 3 PM Wednesday January 7,
2009.  Please see me directly if you have questions.

2008 was a very busy year for the SNF Ebeam Lab and I continue to be
amazed at the great Community that has developed and grown throughout
the year. I am very pleased with the synergy in the Lab; especially the
willingness of all Users to assist others, especially the very large
number of new Users working on the systems.  All Raith Champions should
also be commended for their great efforts at assisting me to maintain a
very high level of uptime and User support on the system 24/7 through
the last year.

Thank you for your interest in Ebeam Technologies here at SNF!  You
comments and suggestions are always welcomed.

Happy Holidays,

James W. Conway