System FE-Gun alignment and adjustments have been performed. Users should encounter markedly better brightness and resolution.

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 16 18:08:24 PDT 2008

*Greetings SEM4160 Users:*

Responding to a swarm of unhappy User reports regarding brightness, a
poor Secondary Electron signal to noise issue, and poor resolution in
general I performed a mechanical FE-Gun alignment and redid all the
column adjustments.  Users should encounter markedly better brightness
and resolution.  Details are in the sem4160-pcs email attached below.

It is suggested that if you are not an expert operator to start your
sessions at 10 mm Working Distance and begin at 10keV acceleration
voltage using any aperture strip number to ensure you can obtain a
suitable SEM image before changing any settings.

  The system is once again in Green light status on CORAL.

Users desiring further support and assistance should visit me during my
office hours.

Thank you for your interest in Ebeam Technologies here at the Stanford
Nanofabrication Facility.

Yours,

James Conway