Using SEM with Quartz. FAQ: xxxx

ToeCutter toecutter4ranger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:52:20 PDT 2009

The substrate is charging up with negative space charge on the surface
of the wafer which then deflects the beam away from that spot.

Coat w espacer 320z 3000 rpm 40 sec no bake. Later it strips off clean
in DI water.

Or you can coat by evaporation or sputtering any conductive metallic
film or carbon. Typically 40 to 100 angstroms of Cr Au or Pd for a
fine grade conductive surface.

Finally use a strip of carbon tape or on some sem stages a wire clip
and ground the substrate to the stage to ensure ground connection.

Chase your dreams...