Hummer V Sputterer Target

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 14 10:26:50 PDT 2010

The cathode currently in the hummer is a Pd target.  It is very old but
will give good contrast in SEM images.   The films can be removed with
KI:I Au anodic etch.  My current plan is to run all the old targets
until they are absolutely useless before considering any replacements.
I have stopped providing new Au targets for this tool due to minority of
Users whom had used this system to coat eye ware and other non-SEM
operations.
Which metal would you prefer if I were to order a target?  Note SNF does
not have any funds for these items at this time. Targets are $600 to
$3000 USD!

All the Best,

James