Does anyone know what to do when SEC vaccum does not reach HIGH?

Andrew Graham grahamab at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 20 11:01:21 PDT 2011

Hi Donguk,

I found the paper backside of one of the carbon sticky dots stuck to the
O-ring on the part underneath the stage.  Once I removed it, it pumped down
just fine.

This should be a good reminder to all users as to why it's important to
clean up any mess you might make (I found about 6 of those paper dots on top
of the SEC).  It can and (based on Donguk's experience) does get in the way
of other users ability to use equipment.

Happy SEM'ing everyone,

Andrew