Comment sem4160 SNF 2011-12-01 10:37:29: Tools and cross section holders have been taken

James W. Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 1 15:31:15 PST 2011

SEM4160 Users:

Over the course of the last two weeks several of the Hitachi specific
Allen keys use to secure mounts to the X-Y stage have been removed from
the lab. This seems to be occurring during night and evening hours.

This morning it was reported that the bigger cross section block and
several of the angle mounts are now also missing.   This cross section
block was present in the Lab Tuesday evening.  Please return it to the
lab, or let me know where it may have fallen or been relocated to, if
you know its whereabouts.

Users are requested to not take any tools or materials from the Ebeam
lab to other areas.  if you need mounts for any other SEM, please see me
during office hours, I have a number of fixturing parts for Hitachi and
other manufacturer's SEM's.

The 0.5 mm Allen keys are custom order parts through Hitachi and I
hesitate to replace what may have been dropped under the floor or taken
from the lab by a uncaring User.

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group