RAITH Training Course and Hitachi Move

Wed Jul 18 11:08:09 PDT 2001

All,

Below is a meesage I sent off to a few of your concerning the Raith
training.

From Pease " Also I hear there is a plan to move the Hitachi ebl control
racks. Last time this was done  we were down for months."

Gee, I thought it was pretty clear from our previous meeting that there is
no way the Raith is going into L-104 without Hitachi ebl control racks
being moved. The plan is to shut down the Hitachi e-beam for 10 days (
hopefully 7 days will be enough) in September. At that time the Hitachi
ebl racks will be moved and the utilities for the Raith and full wafer
Hitachi SEM will be installed. If there is an objection to this plan, we
need to find a new room for either the Raith or SEM. Yes, there was a
cable damaged in the last move that took sometime to find. Hopefully, we
learned something from that experience so it will not happen again. We
welcome all help in planning this move.