bringing outside materials

Yiching Liang Yiching_Liang at MolDev.com
Mon Dec 1 10:23:28 PST 2003

Hi-

I am a new industry user at SNF, and I would like to obtain approval to
bring in the following materials for processing in the SNF.

1. new blank wafers: these are 4" double-sided silicon wafers purchased
from Siltronix. They are semiconductor quality. We would like to use
them because they have better thickness uniformity than the ones at the
SNF stock room. They are still sealed in original packaging/container.
We would like to use them in "clean" equipment (Tylan tubes, drytek2,
etc.)

2. partially processed wafers: these are the same type of wafers as
above, except they have been through some processing. They were
processed at the EPFL Center of MicroNanoTechnology in Switzerland
(http://cmi.epfl.ch). We can provide a complete process log if
necessary. All protocols have been followed to make sure they are kept
very clean throughout the process. They have low-stress nitride
deposited, then RIE etched as etch masks for a KOH etch. After the KOH
etch, they have been decontaminated in H2O:H2O2:HCl for 30 minutes,
although the ratio of chemicals (3:2:2) are slightly different from the
SNF standard of 1:1:1.  After the decontamination, they have been rinsed
in DI water, then RCA cleaned (H2O:H2O2:NH4OH at 5:1:1/75C/15min, and
H2O:H2O2:HCl at 6:1:1/75C/15min). And that is the last process the
wafers saw and have been kept in a closed wafer box since. We would like
to bring them in to SNF to apply a top SiO2 coating: tylanbpsg, sts
(PEVCD oxide), and maybe Balzer for sputtered SiO2. This is a one-time
request (5 wafers max, probably 3) as we are transferring our
prototyping from EPFL to SNF and would like to start with these wafers
so that we do not have to introduce too many new variables at once. We
will gladly follow any further cleaning procedures SNF requires.

Thanks!

Yiching
Coral name: yiching

--