Tin/Cu

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 30 12:15:09 PDT 2003

Mary,

The melting point is not the issue. It is the vapor pressure is the concern.
The vapor pressure of tin is not that bad. Tin has a vapor pressure of 1E-4
T at 997C. My cutoff for high vapor pressure materials is Indium, which has
a vapor pressure.of 1E-4 T at 773C. By the way Copper is at 1E-4 T at 1017C,
so there is not much difference between copper and tin.

    Jim