FW: Nitride Dep on CVD Diamond

Shabbir A. Bashar, Ph.D. bashar at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 4 12:04:17 PST 2003

Hi Mary,

Thanks for geting back to me.  The diamond is grown on CMOS clean Si
substrates; there are no other films or metals.  We then remove the
substrate here at SNF by wet etch followed by RCA1 and RCA2 cleans.
Following nitride deposition they do not go into any clean or semiclean

Our AFM and initial tests with silicon nitride on silicon suggest that
nitride deposition in the furnace yields the best results.  I hope this