Shipley 1805 and developer 351

Lan Zhang lanzhangus at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 08:41:09 PDT 2004

Mary and John,

Thanks for the input.  Can MF319 be used instead?  It is listed in MSDS binder.  The reason for using S1805 is that a thin resist (0.5um) is preferred to achieve 0.5um line width with contact aligner(0.5" wafer).  I try to avoid to use thinner to keep process repeatable.  In my past experience, I can achieve 0.3um linewith by controlling the develop process using combination of 1805/351.  I welcome any suggestion and intend to use SNF existing process.

Thanks,
Lan

Mary Tang <mtang at snf.stanford.edu> wrote:
Goodness, I quite agree, having once worked in a lab that used similar
stuff. Lan, is there a compelling, technical reason why you want 351?
Is S1805 a dyed resist? Is 351 recommended for S1805? Have you
considered using S3617, which is our standard dyed resist?

Stanford, CA 94305
(650)723-9980
mtang at stanford.edu