Zn deposition in the Metalica

Tue Apr 13 17:00:46 PDT 2004

Hi Jeanie,

Sorry, for not bring you on board. I have worked out an arrangement with
Rafael and Mike on they can run Zn in the Metalica without impacting other
users. Here is what we agreed to:

1. Make their own target clamp for sputter gun.

2. Make their own anode for sputter gun.

3. Use their own sputter "chimmy".

4. Cover bottom of wafer tray with Al foil.

5. Cut hole in Al foil and mount samples to the foil above the hole.

6. Limit deposition < 500A.

7. Only use gun A.

8. Replace re-install all the system std part after their run is complete.

By using this method they should be able to do thin Au-Zn (5 %)
depositions without leaving any Zn in the system after their runs.

	Thanks, Jim

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Jeannie Perez wrote:

> Hi Jim,
> I've not been notified that Zn has been approved by the SpecMat
> committee to be use in the Metalica or Innotec. Is this a one time deal?
> Is this an OK for both system? Could you give me some details. melting
> point below In.
> --
> Jeannie Perez
> Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
> CIS Room 146, Mail Code 4070
> Stanford, CA  94305
> (650) 723-7997
> jperez at snf.stanford.edu

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640