Laser Annealing Experiment

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 14 14:38:01 PDT 2004

Bipin,

1.Can I get more info on Seaway Semiconductor? I would like to know how
they are depositing their a-Si and what applications their films are
serving. In the past, when the optics people have given me thick PECVD
oxide films deposited on the outside, I found that they were loaded with
metals. There was a problem about allowing their films into the clean
etchers.  Such metals in your film would affect your CVs.

2. What are the properties are you looking for in your a-Si?   Normal
PECVD a-Si is loaded with H. It can be over 20%.   There is a doped Si
target for the Balzers, which can be used to sputter deposit a-Si.

3. With some process development, we could deposition a-Si in the STS
dep tool but it would have a lot of N in it besides H and would have a
very high HF etch rate. I am not recommending such a film for your
application.

    Jim