New Material registering request [MB300]

Tetsuhiro (Hiro) Hatogai hatogai at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 27 02:37:13 PDT 2004

Dear Jim McVittie,

Thanks for the reply and I really appreciate your offering advice to us.

Here is the brief explanation of our process.

First we use Drytek1 (Recipe: Resistsstrip) to reduce the thickness of
the residual layer of the pattern (made of SK-9: silicone contained UV
curable material) to be printed by back etching.

Then we place the pattern on top of Aluminum or Oxide layer using very
thin (about 0.5-3um) adhesive (MB300 or use SK-9 again) layer. These
patterns are used as an etching mask for patterning (i) Aluminum or (ii)
Oxide layer.

(i) For Patterning Aluminum layer (20nm in thickness), we are thinking
about using AMT 8100 Plasma Etcher (amtetcher). Another way for
patterning Aluminum is using wet etcher (wbmetal). Just before using
wbmetal, Wafer is gone through Drytek2 (Ultra Plasma) to attract etchant
effectively.
(ii) For Patterning Oxide, we are thinking about using Applied Materials
Precision 5000 Etcher: p5000etch.

Finally, fabricated structures are observed using hitachisem.

For more detail, please see attached files. I added the size such as
film thickness to the process flow I sent before.

Although we are using Drytek1 for thinning the residual layer, we are
going to use Drytek2 instead of Drytek1 to avoid sample contaminations
after the approval.

I heard you are very busy these days. But if you have a time to meet,
please let me know. I am happy to drop you by and explain our process
more and have your advice.

Thank you,
Hiro