New Material registering request [MB300]

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 27 07:27:51 PDT 2004

Hi Jim --

My two cents...  The materials Hiro is using are either silicone polymer or PMMA-like.  The silicone
polymers are electronic grade for resist-like applications, so I presume there are few metal
contaminants (although I do believe that the catalyst is some sort of heavy metal ion, but present in
very low concentrations.)  The acrylates, however, are not electronics grade (they are made for the
electronics industry, but as potting or packaging materials) so I've no idea about their cleanliness
-- however, acrylates are not inherently metal contaminated, so this may not be a problem.  I believe
silicone polymers were approved a long time ago for use on drytek1 and drytek4 and mrc, but don't know
if they have been approved for any clean etchers (certainly not in recent months).

I wouldn't think that either the silicone or acrylate polymers would inherently contaminate or damage
etchers, but don't know if any metal contaminants they may contain would be an issue for the clean
etchers.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu