SiC wafers in tylanpoly and WBSilicide

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 9 11:57:15 PDT 2004

Nancy,

Now that we have a quick way of measuring lifetime uising the SCA2500, I am
hopeful that we have a means of comparing our two cleaning benches. I expect
that once we have hard numbers, we will be able to open up the Silicide bench
for more applications. But I first have to prove that the SCA2500 can do what
we need. I was hoping to use the SCA to directly measure lifetime after
cleaning but before oxidation. But in reading the manual I see that the SCA
can only measure lifetimes down to 20 us, which is probably too long for
wafers with chemical oxides coming out of cleaning. As always with lifetime
measurements, there is the issue of starting wafers. I want to start some
tests this week to see how useful this tool is.

    Jim .