Couple of requests from MEMS Exchange

Nancy Latta latta at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 18 09:36:01 PDT 2004

Folks,

The MEMS Exchange people has asked me to ask about two etch proccesses;
1) They have a customer that has nitride over Moly/carbon on a Si
substrate.  They want to use a Cl process to etch the nitride and expose
the Moly/carbon.  Any chance pquest can be used?  They do not want to
use a flourine process.

2) Another customer wants to etch Al/3%Ti off a SiC substrate.  I need
to check about the cleanliness of the sputtered metals, but the first
problem is that the samples are 2 inch.  They are suggesting that we
mount them to a 4 in wafer and use p5000.

Thanks for your reply,

-Nancy