Boron drive in question

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 14 06:59:18 PST 2004

Hi Nancy --

Ed, Erhan, and I had a chat about this on Friday....  Just from a
contamination standpoint, I think we're concerned that heavily doped
boron wafers would outgas and contaminate tylans 1 and 2.  Preferably,
the pre-dep furnace itself would be a better place to do the drive, if
the time/temp are acceptable.

It's also seems that Erhan is trying several different things and is not
certain this is what he wants to do -- he basically wants a boron stop
for KOH etching and there are a couple of different ways he can do
this.  His criterion is a process that will eventually be compatible
with a CMOS fab, since they (General MEMS) hope to transfer their
processes to such a lab.  It would seem that the criterion that we
impose on allowing processes in our lab might be a good natural "test"
of this.

So, in short, do you think the pre-dep furnace could do a 24 hour, 1100
C drive-in on an occasional basis without damaging the tube or other
processes that are run there?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu