OK Tantalum target for Metallica - just double checking

Sebastian Jeremias Osterfeld sjo at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 14 17:13:57 PST 2004

May I deposit Tantalum in Metalica? It seems the answer could well be yes,
because:

I've just discovered that Tantalum has been used on several occasions in
Metalica previously, as is documented in the logbook, e.g. deposition #3
(very front of book). I also see that whoever set up Metalica has kindly
provided a deposition rate for Tantalum of 143 A/sec. All this leads me to
conclude that it should be no problem to use a Tantalum target in Metalica,
but I just wanted to double-check. Note that I have also already sent an
official request to specmat, which might not be necessary after all,
however.

I would purchase any targets from the suggested vendor, i.e. Kurt Lesker Co.

With best regards,
Sebastian Osterfeld