new target for metallic

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 26 12:49:01 PST 2004

Hi  --

We spoke with Jeannie, Eric Perozziello, and Dick Crane.  All are in
agreement that as long as the target must be non-magnetic.  NiCr is not
magnetic, despite the high Ni content.  Pure Ni, however, is magnetic, and
there have been several attempts to sputter this in metalica without
success.  It's been attributed to the particular type of gun used in
metalica.  Are the AlNi and AlFe alloys you are interested in magnetic at
these compositions?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu