Post-grind and CMP clean

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 9 11:33:16 PST 2004

Hi all --

There are at least two groups that seem to do CMP or wafer grinding
outside and then clean their wafers so that they can be processed in
"clean" equipment in our lab.  I know many emails have gone back and
forth as to possible concerns about particles, above and beyond the
alkali and metal ion contamination...  but was there ever a final
decision on procedures?  We're getting a couple more requests now (such
as Tariq's from earlier this week.)  What do you all think?

National Nanofabrication Users' Network
mtang at stanford.edu