PiRL Information

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 7 11:31:01 PDT 2004

Greetings SpecMat and Mahnaz:

Attached is the MSDS for PiRL by brewer scientific.

   This is a proprietary polymer for release layer under photoresist.  I
would like obtain a 250 ml sample of this material to evaluate if we can
use this as a release layer under SU-8 resist -- so we can get the SU-8
off after RIE etching. Might also be useful for lift-off structures.

Please approve limited quantities for evaluation use only under my control.

Thank you,

James Conway
jwc

Hi James,

Thanks for the call back.  I have attached some overview information on
PiRL, processing information for PiRL, and the MSDS.

We would be able to send a 250 ml sample.  As you mentioned, we would
appreciate feedback, pictures, etc.  Also, we ask customers to cover the
shipping cost.  So if you could please send me your shipping information.

You mentioned that you would be starting the work this summer.  If so, when
would you need the sample?

Regards,
Shane