Chemical Request

Claudia Richter crlgr at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 16:41:14 PST 2004

Specmat Committee:

I've spoken to Mahnaz regarding the use of silicone rubbers (PDMS, and OE4100) in the photolithography area. We plan to spin-coat these silicones on 4 inch silicon wafers and plan to do this using the Headway manual coater and curing using the hotplates. I believe Dien (coral: adnguyen) has submitted the information for the OE4100 elastomer, but we would like to add a solvent to dilute the elastomer to get thinner coats. We plan on diluting the elastomer with a solvent recommended by the manufacturer called mesitylene (1,3,5-trimethylbenzene). Attached is the MSDS sheet for this chemical.

We plan on bringing in the OE4100 and mesitylene mixture in a vial to the Headway to spin-coat wafers and cure it in the photolithography room. The amount of mesitylene in elastomer shall be about 10% by weight.

If there is any further information needed to complete this request or concerns please contact me at crichter at snf.stanford.edu or Dien at adnguyen at snf.stanford.edu.

Best regards,

Claudia

Claudia Richter