New Material registering request [Lens Bond Type SK-9]

Tetsuhiro (Hiro) Hatogai hatogai at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 3 23:23:25 PST 2004

Special Materials Committee:

We are going to evaluate several adhesive materials which are similar to
Zipcone that we already have permission. Mainly we are going to use
these materials in "Drytek1" and "semhitachi".

Here is the application for new material, SK-9.
I attached the MSDS for the material.

Here is the information for the material required by following website.
http://snf.stanford.edu/Materials/NewMatProc.html

1.  Requestor name: Tetsuhiro Hatogai
2.  Phone number: 650-799-5366
3.  Email address: hatogai at stanford.edu
4.  Requestors PI: Professor R. Fabian W. Pease
5.  Name of new chemical: Lens Bond Type SK-9
6.  No other materials
7.  Name of vendor: Summers Optical, A Division of EMS Acquisition 8.
http://www.emsdiasum.com/default.htm
9.  1560 Industry Road - P O Box 380 - Hatfield, PA 19440
10. We would like to find materials that suit well to fabricate small
structures
11. Find other material that is comparable with SK-9.
12. Drytek1, semhitachi
13. 1 oz.
14. Liquid
15. No chemical is needed to mix it
16. Please see attached
17. Will not be used in the clean area
18. Storage group identifier = L, Main Hazard Class = 6
19. Should be enough room
20. It can be disposed as usual trash.
21. Process Flow:
(1) Spin-coat PVA on a silicon wafer that has small structure on it
     using spin coater that our group owns in Packard 076
(2) Detach dried PVA film from silicon wafer,
(3) Spin-coat SK-9 on the side that has structures on it of dried PVA
film
(4) Etch back SK-9 to reduce the thickness of residual layer using
drytek1
(5) Observe the structures and measure the residual layer thickness
using semhitachi

Sincerely,
Tetsuhiro Hatogai (Hiro)