stabilized Zirconia SpecMat request

Jeremy Cheng acopland at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 8 11:08:09 PST 2004

I would like to submit this request for the processing of single crystal
stabilized zirconia.  Zirconia is an inert, stable, oxide ceramic and a
common microfab compatible high-K dielectric material:

1. Name: Jeremy Cheng
2. Phone: x5-9936
3. e-mail: acopland at stanford.edu
4. PI: Prof. Fritz Prinz, ME
5. Materials: Yttria-stabilized Zirconia (a.k.a. YSZ, stabilized
zirconia, cubic zirconia)
6. Secondary Materials: none
7. Vendor/ manufacturer: MTI crystal (www.mticrystal.com)
8. http://mticrystal.com/datasheet/YSZ.doc
9. Vendor address:
    2700 Rydin Road, Unit D
    Richmond, CA 94804
    (510)525-3070

10.11.
   I'd like to study ion damage in these substrates in the ion
implanter.  YSZ exhibits unusually high radiation stability.  If the
implants are successful, we'd like to alternate depositing this material
from our on-campus sputtering machine with implanting the the snf
implanter.

12. lab equipment: Varian 350-D, wbgeneral
13. quantity: up to about 5 single crystal substrates at a time
14. solid substrate, 1cm X 1cm X 500 micron chip
15. mixed chemicals: none
16. MSDS: http://hazard.com/msds/f2/byg/bygcm.html
17. 99.99% pure
19. Material will not be stored in the lab
20. Material can be disposed with non-hazardous waste.  Arsenic
contamination from the implanter's hydrogen beam is considered minimal,
and will be noted in the storage and disposal of samples.

Supporting material is attached,
Thank you,
Jeremy Cheng