Request for metallization on PDMS and OE4100 on Metalica

Mary Tang mtang at
Tue Mar 16 17:33:01 PST 2004

Hi all --

I believe that other people have done this to deposit electrodes on PDMS (is that right, Jeannie?)   I believe that as long as the temperature doesn't exceed about 200 C (it may depend on
the type of PDMS) that it should be OK.  There should be no solvents left in the cured polymer.

What do you think?

Claudia Richter wrote:

> Dear Specmat Committee:
> We would like try a metallization process where we sputter either chromium or aluminum over cured PDMS or OE4100 on the metalica system. Would this be a process that we can do at SNF?
> Best regards,
> Claudia
> Claudia Richter
> Senior Staff Engineer